The Upper Kiewa Valley Community Association would like to invite interested community members to participate and join our current group.
10 Reasons to Join a Community Group
- It’s good for your health.
- You meet new Friends.
- You make new Contacts
- You learn new Skills!
- It’s good for the Community.
- You can follow your interests.
- You can build up your CV.
- You can learn how to win your Battles.
- You can make a Contribution.
- It’s good for the Country.
Several of our Committee members are moving on to other locations and the Committee would welcome new members to contribute to the UKVCA Group. If this is something you would be interested in, the Committee would welcome you to our monthly meeting which is held in the evening on 2nd Thursday of each month. Send an email to the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org The committee would make you most welcomed. The next meeting is on the 11th March.
Other notices of interest for your information
- Environmental Victoria has notified us of Community Environment Grants Packages with grants of up to $50,000 which is available for small and large-scale projects dedicated to preserving Victoria’s biodiversity and waterways. The possible Grant that would most apply to the Kiewa Valley is the Community volunteer Action Grant. For more information and to apply, visit environment.vic.gov.au/grants
2. As a result of the serious and widespread impacts of bushfires, Alpine Shire Council and Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV) have coordinated the formation of an Alpine Community Recovery Committee.
The Alpine CRC is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for a representative from Bright and surrounds and the Kiewa Valley to join the Alpine CRC.
Community members from a variety of backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply. EOIs close 7pm Monday, 22nd February, 2021. More info is available in the Expressions of Interest Pack.
For more information email the Bushfire Recovery Team at email@example.com or call the Alpine Shire Council on 5755 0555