The Upper Kiewa Valley Community Association have received the following notices this month. During this last week of autumn, the following notices may help you and any other community groups you are a member of, plan for the future. Click on the links below to open…
Update from Regional Roads Victoria
Regional Roads Victoria have updated UKVCA on the Landslip Prevention works that are currently underway on the Bogong High Plains Road and the Great Alpine Road. These works are aimed at improving safety for all road users and preventing future landslips on these arterial roads. Note: drivers are advised of possible delays and to plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.
Click on the attached bulletin for a full update of the works currently underway during April……………… April Update Falls and Hotham
UKVCA have received several notices below that may be of interest to our community:
In the meantime, if any member of UKVCA or the community would like to attend one of the monthly meetings, you are most welcomed. The next UKVCA meeting is on Thursday, 8th April, at 7.30pm at the Hoppet office, next door to the AUDITORIUM@information centre. Please contact the secretary to indicate your intention to attend on email@example.com
- The Inspector General of Emergency Management visited Mt. Beauty earlier this month. Feedback can still be submitted by mail to IGEM, GPO Box 4356, Melbourne. Vic. 300 or by calling (03) 8684 7900. The Fire Season Inquiry – Community Update 8 can be viewed at www.igem.vic.gov.au
2. Funding Guidelines for the Local Economic Recovery Program – Vic below.
The Upper Kiewa Valley Community Association have been advised of several notices that are of interest and relevent to the Kiewa Valley.
- The Alpine Shire and the future of Sport and Recreation
- ASC wants to hear from the community about how we exercise and stay active. The Sport and Active Recreation Strategy will guide council’s decision making and investment in sport and developing recreation facilities, programs and services over the next 10 years. For residents in the Kiewa Valley there will be a listening post at the BBQ area in Mt. Beauty’s Bicentennial Park (next to the playground at the Pondage) from 2.30 – 3.30pm on Tuesday, 23rd March. Feedback for the Sport and Active Recreation Strategy will be accepted until Wednesday, March 31. Check out the Alpine Active Sport and Recreation Plan survey.
- Regional Roads Victoria have provided UKVCA with information on current roadworks and the impact for you, especially if you are a cyclist. Key tourist routes will be impacted – Falls Creek, Mount Hotham and Mount Buller regions in the lead up to Winter 2021. For more information check on their link for Safe Cycling…… Cycling safety_at_Roadworks
Kevin Cosgriff from the Mt. Beauty Parks Victoria Office has forwarded on Notifications about current Planned Burn Details.
Details about these burns are listed on the Forest Fire Management Victoria notice attached and also on the Generic Public Info Map. You will need to click on these links to get more information.
- Thee are also several other ways to stay up to date about planned burns that may occur in your area.
- Contact the OVENS District FFMVic team on 03 5731 1222
- Visit Planned burns now and in the next 10 days www.ffm.vic.gov.au/planned burn
- Download the VicEmergency app on your mobile device to receive information abou current planned burning activity
- Visit the VicEmergency website www.emergency.vic.gov.au
- Call the VicEmergancy Hotline 0n 1800226226
The Upper Kiewa Valley Community Association would like to invite interested community members to participate and join our current group.
10 Reasons to Join a Community Group
- It’s good for your health.
- You meet new Friends.
- You make new Contacts
- You learn new Skills!
- It’s good for the Community.
- You can follow your interests.
- You can build up your CV.
- You can learn how to win your Battles.
- You can make a Contribution.
- It’s good for the Country.
Several of our Committee members are moving on to other locations and the Committee would welcome new members to contribute to the UKVCA Group. If this is something you would be interested in, the Committee would welcome you to our monthly meeting which is held in the evening on 2nd Thursday of each month. Send an email to the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org The committee would make you most welcomed. The next meeting is on the 11th March.
Other notices of interest for your information
- Environmental Victoria has notified us of Community Environment Grants Packages with grants of up to $50,000 which is available for small and large-scale projects dedicated to preserving Victoria’s biodiversity and waterways. The possible Grant that would most apply to the Kiewa Valley is the Community volunteer Action Grant. For more information and to apply, visit environment.vic.gov.au/grants
2. As a result of the serious and widespread impacts of bushfires, Alpine Shire Council and Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV) have coordinated the formation of an Alpine Community Recovery Committee.
The Alpine CRC is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for a representative from Bright and surrounds and the Kiewa Valley to join the Alpine CRC.
Community members from a variety of backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply. EOIs close 7pm Monday, 22nd February, 2021. More info is available in the Expressions of Interest Pack.
For more information email the Bushfire Recovery Team at email@example.com or call the Alpine Shire Council on 5755 0555