- The Upper Kiewa Valley Community Association held its Annual 2021 Commuity Forum on Thursday 13 July. A large number of interested communitty members were in attendance to hear our Community Leaders speak and take questions. The Community leaders were Dr. Helen Haines, MLA for Indi, Alpine Shire Council Mayor, John Forsyth, Alpine Shire Council CEO, Charlie Bird, Alpine Health CEO, Nick Shaw and Alpine Community Recovery Committee Rep, Nick Wright.
- The next UKVCA date claimer is the 2021 Annual General Meeting on Thursday, 2nd September. All community members are welcome to attend.
- North East Water have notified UKVCA of 2 drop-in community information sessions regarding the new water infrastructure to be built on the east bank of the Kiewa River, downstreat of the Pondage spillway on Embankment Drive. The drop-in sessions will be at the Mt. Beauty Community Centre (Kiewa Cres.) between 10am and 3pm on the 30th August, 2021, or between 5pm and 8pm on the 31st August, 2021 (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions). For more information click on the link …North East Water Community Newsletter – Mt Beauty – July 2021 – FINAL
- One of the key issues raised at the Forum related to COVID vaccinations. Alpine Health have now set up clinics locally for those residents who have not been able to easily access vaccinations. You will need to book in and indicate which clinic you wish to attend. You will be given a date and a time. Please help any residents who may not be aware of this facility.
As we near the end of June, 2021, UKVCA have received the following notices of interest to our Kiewa Valley community.
FIRST an IMPORTANT DATE CLAIMER…………………..
ANNUAL UKVCA FORUM
Tuesday, 13th July, 7.30pm – AUDITORIUM@informationcentre
- Guest Speaker, Dr. Helen Haines, MHR
- ASC Mayor, Cr. John Forsyth
- Alpine Shire Council CEO, Charlie Bird
- Alpine Health CEO, Nick Shaw
- Alpine Community Recovery Rep, Nick Wright
- A Q&A session will follow and Tea/coffee will be available after for informal conversations.
*Forest Fire Management Victoria, their June 2021 Strategic Roads and Bridges Program provides information on Bridge Replacement Works on Mountain Creek Road and Trappers Gap Road.
Click on the links for more information…
*Alpine Recovery Newsletter – Click on the link for the latest information
The Upper Kiewa Valley Community Association have received the following notices this month. During this last week of autumn, the following notices may help you and any other community groups you are a member of, plan for the future. Click on the links below to open…
Update from Regional Roads Victoria
Regional Roads Victoria have updated UKVCA on the Landslip Prevention works that are currently underway on the Bogong High Plains Road and the Great Alpine Road. These works are aimed at improving safety for all road users and preventing future landslips on these arterial roads. Note: drivers are advised of possible delays and to plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.
Click on the attached bulletin for a full update of the works currently underway during April……………… April Update Falls and Hotham
UKVCA have received several notices below that may be of interest to our community:
In the meantime, if any member of UKVCA or the community would like to attend one of the monthly meetings, you are most welcomed. The next UKVCA meeting is on Thursday, 8th April, at 7.30pm at the Hoppet office, next door to the AUDITORIUM@information centre. Please contact the secretary to indicate your intention to attend on email@example.com
- The Inspector General of Emergency Management visited Mt. Beauty earlier this month. Feedback can still be submitted by mail to IGEM, GPO Box 4356, Melbourne. Vic. 300 or by calling (03) 8684 7900. The Fire Season Inquiry – Community Update 8 can be viewed at www.igem.vic.gov.au
2. Funding Guidelines for the Local Economic Recovery Program – Vic below.