UKVCA have been advised of the following upcoming events by Bushfire Recovery Victoria. The events are:
Inquiry into the 2019-20 Victorian fire season – Community Update 5 The link below is from the Inspector-General for Emergency Management (IGEM) and is the latest update on the Inquiry.
Inquiry into the 2019-20 Victorian fire season – Community update 5 – short version
- UKVCA Membership is now due: Membership runs from September – August. Thanks to all who have renewed on-line or at the October market stall. If you have overlooked this renewal or would now like to join, this can be done at the Mt. Beauty Bendigo Bank branch or online. Details: BSB 633 000 Account No. 156980120 A/c Name: UKV Community Assoc. Inc.
- Annual Membership Fee: Single/Household $10 Club, Organisation or Business $15 Please put your name in the transaction details. UKVCA wold appreciate an email notification stating your name & date of deposit: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- You can also join/rejoin UKVCA or pay your annual membership fee at the Mt. Beauty Hardware and Drapery Store in Hollonds Street. Fill out the form and include it with the fee in an envelope. These are collected by the Treasurer regularly.
Membership Application Form
2. Alpine Community Recovery Committee
- The Alpine Community Recovery Committee (CRC) represents bushfire affected communities across the Alpine Shire, ensuring that local know how and expertise are front and centre in the longer term recovery planning. This committee is coordinated by Alpine Shire Council and Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV).
- Two local community members from the Kiewa Valley have been appointed representatives to provide a local conduit for community voices to be heard in recovery planning. They can be contacted at <email@example.com>
3. Parks Victoria Bushfire Recovery Update
Parks Victoria is providing an update on bushfire recovery works within parks in our area. It is an opportunity to hear first-hand information and ask questions. Please register for your preferred online session on Eventbrite.
Online Community Information Sessions:
A maximum of 35 participants at each session. Registrations open 12th October, 2020.
The main aims of the sessions are to:
- Share Parks Victoria’s bushfire recovery progress in an accessible online format.
- Communicate what parks and visitor sites will be open once seasonal road closures are lifted.
- Discuss changed camping conditions in popular parks and current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Provide participants with the opportunity to ask questions and meet the PV team involved in recovery.
- Open the communications with the community and stakeholders around bushfire recovery.
An event link will be sent to you after registration.
Upper Kiewa Valley Community Association received the following request………………
The Alpine Community Recovery Committee (CRC) lunched a survey recently to get a better understanding of the bushfire recovery needs of our community. This survey link has also been published in local Facebook posts so if you have already completed the survey, you don’t need to do it again. However if you have overlooked completing the survey the CRC would welcome your response.
To open the survey, click on this link http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/alpinecrc1
The survey is open until Sunday, 1st November, 2020.
Alpine Shire are running a webinar on the Mt. Beauty Airport Upgrade project which is open to all interested members of the public.
Your are invited to JOIN THE CONVERSATION. The Alpine Shire Council’s project team will host a webinar on Wednesday, 16th September from 7pm to discuss plans for the upgrade, take feedback on the draft concept design and answer questions. More information is available to view on the Alpine Shire website here: https://www.alpineshire.vic.gov.au
- Wednesday, 16 September from 7.00pm via Zoom
- Select: ‘join’
- Enter the meeting ID: 924 7532 4378
- Enter your name in the box
- Enter the meeting passcode: Airport
To help AS prepare any answers to your questions, you are encouraged to submit Qs before the webinar – AS are also happy to answer any queries during the session. To submit a question to be answered, email <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the email subject ‘Mount Beauty Airport Upgrade’ or call 5755 0555
Firstly, thank you to UKVCA members who have paid their membership in the last few weeks.
This notice to a reminder to all other current and new members that the Annual Membership Fee is now due. Membership runs from September to August. You can renew at the Mt. Beauty Bendigo Bank branch or on-line. Bank details are as follows:
- BSB 633 000
- Account No. 156980120
- Account Name: UKV Community Association Inc.
The Membership Fee Rates are as follows:
- Single/Household $10
- Club. Organisation or Business $15
Please put your name in the transaction details. UKVCA would appreciate an email notification stating your name and date of the deposit on <email@example.com>
If you are wanting to join/rejoin the UKVCA, forms are available at the Mt. Beauty Hardware and Drapery Store in Hollonds Street. Simply fill out the form and include it with the Fee in an envelope and hand it to staff there. They will be collected by the Treasurer.
Membership application form
The UKVCA is your community lobby and advocacy Group which meets on a monthly basis to work on community issues. Concerns and suggestions are communicated to the Alpine Shire and other appropriate government departments.
UKVCA need your support.
September is the month for the UKVCA Annual General Meeting and also the month to renew your membership.
This year the AGM was conducted using Zoom and you can peruse the Minutes as well as read the Annual report from Chairperson, Jodee Betheras. Click on the link below:
AGM minutes 3 Sept 2020
Annual UKVCA Membership
The UKVCA financial year is the 12 months from September to August. As you can see in the Minutes (above) the UKVCA does incur costs and it relies on your membership fees to cover these costs. Membership Fees are:
- Individual or Household $10
- Clubs/Organisations $15
- Business $15
If you wish to pay by direct deposit, the bank details are:
- BSB: 633 000
- Account No: 156980120
- Account Name: UKV Community Association Inc.
Please remember to put your name in the transaction details. UKVCA would also request that you send an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> stating your name and the date of the deposit.
If you are joining as a new member, here is a link to the form Membership application form
Membership forms are also available at the Mt. Beauty Hardware and Drapery store in Hollonds Street. Simply fill out the form and leave the fee and form in an envelope with the staff there. The Secretary or Treasurer regularly collects the forms.
UKVCA appreciate your membership and interest.