- UKVCA Membership is now due: Membership runs from September – August. Thanks to all who have renewed on-line or at the October market stall. If you have overlooked this renewal or would now like to join, this can be done at the Mt. Beauty Bendigo Bank branch or online. Details: BSB 633 000 Account No. 156980120 A/c Name: UKV Community Assoc. Inc.
- Annual Membership Fee: Single/Household $10 Club, Organisation or Business $15 Please put your name in the transaction details. UKVCA wold appreciate an email notification stating your name & date of deposit: <email@example.com>
- You can also join/rejoin UKVCA or pay your annual membership fee at the Mt. Beauty Hardware and Drapery Store in Hollonds Street. Fill out the form and include it with the fee in an envelope. These are collected by the Treasurer regularly.
2. Alpine Community Recovery Committee
- The Alpine Community Recovery Committee (CRC) represents bushfire affected communities across the Alpine Shire, ensuring that local know how and expertise are front and centre in the longer term recovery planning. This committee is coordinated by Alpine Shire Council and Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV).
- Two local community members from the Kiewa Valley have been appointed representatives to provide a local conduit for community voices to be heard in recovery planning. They can be contacted at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
3. Parks Victoria Bushfire Recovery Update
Parks Victoria is providing an update on bushfire recovery works within parks in our area. It is an opportunity to hear first-hand information and ask questions. Please register for your preferred online session on Eventbrite.
Online Community Information Sessions:
- Registration link and session details:
- Bright – Wednesday, 28th October, 1 – 2 pm
- (Mt. Buffalo National Park and NE Victoria parks)
- Corryong – Wednesday, 28th October, 6 – 7pm
- (Upper Murray parks)
A maximum of 35 participants at each session. Registrations open 12th October, 2020.
The main aims of the sessions are to:
- Share Parks Victoria’s bushfire recovery progress in an accessible online format.
- Communicate what parks and visitor sites will be open once seasonal road closures are lifted.
- Discuss changed camping conditions in popular parks and current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Provide participants with the opportunity to ask questions and meet the PV team involved in recovery.
- Open the communications with the community and stakeholders around bushfire recovery.
An event link will be sent to you after registration.